Saturday, June 6, 2009

Asian Tigers Are Back!


And the rains came. Very quickly, it made its presence known. You do know that I am not speaking of real tigers or fighter jets? No, I speak of that little black and white striped devil, the mosquito. The one that doesn't sleep. It is present twenty four hours a day. (And please pray that one does not make it inside your house for they will not stop feeding on you or your pets)

But, even with all the rain and the presence of so much water, the numbers seem to be less. Could it be that natural predator/prey relationship is working? Remember, I do not use chemicals. So, my loyal troupe of predators are doing a wonderful job.

Kudos to:
My earthbound crew: the tons of lizards, green and brown anole, the six stripe lizard (at least that's what I call them), and a variety of frogs.

My aerial crew: the birds (martins/swallows/swifts, wrens), dragonflies, bats and any others that participate in the continued decimation of the mosquito swarms.

My waterbound crew: mosquito fish, goldfish, and koi, who patrol the three ponds and the open rainwater barrel.

My appreciation to all of the above. I would otherwise be housebound at this time, or resemble a sieve with the number of bumps from the bites. HURRAY for mother nature!

1 comment:

  1. Dem are vampires! I went outside to take a picture of the full moon last night and was quickly diverted by the swarm.

    Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete