Sunday, May 31, 2009

Garden visitors




Almost every day I see new visitors to my garden. This shows that an ecosystem is being developed within the framework of the garden, predators and prey and sometimes, just a passerby.


Another visitor that I missed getting a photo of was the larra wasp. Now I think I know why some of my plants don't make it. Where there are larra wasps, there are mole crickets. Predator/prey.


Some of my regulars are frogs, lizards and racer snakes . Ran into a very big frog the other day and missed getting his photo too. Beautiful creature with his green patterned markings. A week ago I almost stepped on a very large rat snake. Beautiful fella or gal also got away, so I missed another kodak moment. I need to have a camera strapped around my neck.
The butterflies are back in abundance, several different varieties, including the zebra swallowtail and the zebra longwing. Oh, if only I could attract the hummingbirds.......but I will plant their garden and hopefully they will come!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Supermama... Your daughter told me about your blog. I love and eat lots of organic fruits and veggies so I plan to visit you often. Glad to meet you...

    Vchelle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. vchelle: nice to meet you too. take some of the heat away from us

    ReplyDelete