Friday, May 29, 2009

Raining Buckets

Well, I prayed for rain.......yeah and rain it did. It has been raining every day and not just a drizzle. When it comes it pours off the roof in torrents sheeting towards the walls of the house. The ponds very quickly fill to overflowing and then I am running around in the rain like a wild thing bailing water so my fishes don't jump ship on me.

The plants are ecstatic but not more so than the devil grass that has grown almost a foot in the past four days. Yeeech.....I hate that grass.

I am digging out the strip of grass that runs alongside the driveway and putting in edgers and plants. It is two and a half by twenty eight feet. When it is complete I know it will look really nice. Right now, there are a few dahlias and a couple of salvias in place. I intend to add some alyssum to provide some ground cover.

Since I am mixing the beds, I will also put in some sweet potato plants in that bed for added ground cover, at the same time growing food for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment